We Would Like To Practice Preventative Medicine
- Have you had your blood pressure checked in the last three years?
- If you are a woman of childbearing age or a teenage girl, do you know if you are immune to Rubella (German Measles)? A simple blood test will tell you if you need further immunisation.
- If you are a woman aged 25yrs and over – Have you had a cervical smear in the last 3 years?
- Do you know how to check yourself for breast or testicular lumps?
- Do you think it is time to give up smoking?
Foreign Travel Advice
Clinics and Special Services
Well Woman Clinic
This is run by the practice nurses. They perform cervical smears and teach breast self-examination. They will give advice on all types of contraception, including caps and coils. They will also advise on menopausal and menstrual problems.
Well Man Clinic
For routine examination and advice on general health matters and lifestyle. It will include advice on contraception and testicular self-examination.
Vaccinations (inc. Gardasil)
If you are over 65 or in a high risk group (if in doubt check with the nurse) an annual flu vaccination is advisable.
Pnuemonia vaccine is also recommended for over 65’s and the following at risk groups:
Ischaemic Heart Disease
Pnuemonia is a one off vaccination for the majority of patients.
This is available privately @ £375 for full course of 3 vaccinations.
GARDASIL is the only cervical cancer vaccine that helps protect against 4 types of human papillomavirus (HPV): 2 types that cause 70% of cervical cancer cases, and 2 more types that cause 90% of genital warts cases. GARDASIL is for girls and young women ages 9 to 26.