We are following best practice guidance to keep you, other visitors and our staff safe whilst continuing to care for you. Here are some of the steps we are taking:
- Wearing facemasks and asking you to wear a facemask or other covering over your mouth and nose if you are able to do so.
- We may wear other personal protective equipment (PPE) if necessary, including gloves, apron, goggles and / or visor.
- We use telephone consultations as standard, with the option to swap to a video call or offer a face to face appointment where it is needed. By taking most of the history on the phone, we are able to keep face to face contact to a minimum, and that protects you as well as the practice team.
- We have closed our waiting area, so you may have to wait outside until the doctor or nurse is ready to see you. We have room for a small number of people in the waiting area, so you may be invited in if you are frail or if the weather is really bad.
- We have a door entry buzzer. Please bear with us if there is a delay to us answering you - the receptionists are also dealing with telephone enquiries.
- Please follow our requests - we will ask you to use hand sanitiser and to then clasp your hands together if possible, to avoid you touching surfaces as you move in the building.
- We regularly clean with disinfectant wipes and sprays.
- Please do NOT come to the surgery if you are feeling unwell with Covid-type symptoms. Get a test and self-isolate. You can seek medical attention on the phone from the practice or from NHS 111 if you are not able to manage your symptoms yourself.
Thank you for your cooperation in these difficult times. By taking these simple steps, we are protecting each other so that we reduce the risks of transmission and aim to maintain access for our patients.