There are times when management need objective medical assessments of employees in order to help them with management these include:
- Prolonged sickness absence
- Repeated short term absences
- After accidents at work
- To consider if an employee has a disability likely to be recognised under the Disability Section of the Equality Act
- To assess employee’s with suspected alcohol or drug misuse
- To assess an employee’s fitness for a new role in your company
- Returning to work after:
- a prolonged absence
- an operation
- a serious injury
- Underperformance due to a suspected physical or psychological ill health
The medical consultation will assess if there is a medical condition present, consider if the employee is receiving appropriate treatment, and if appropriate advise the employee regarding treatment. We can liaise with the employee’s doctors where appropriate. We will advise you on their fitness for work and any necessary adjustments or restrictions needed to help the employee, and whether the employee is likely to be covered by the Disability Discrimination Act. We also advise you if medical redeployment or ill health retirement is appropriate. We can refer to medical specialists to assist the employee’s medical care if they are covered by medical insurance.
We will manage communication with GP’s and Specialists relating to your employees.
Please note we do not carry out drug testing but can refer for such services
Please find management referral forms in the forms and guidance section of Occupational Health Services.